Power in the Looks: How to Make a Bold Statement with your House?
If you are getting tired of residing in the same old home, with its outdated mode of styling, then perhaps it is time for a change. You may want to consider revamping your whole home or redecorating parts of it. But whichever mode you choose, you may want to opt for something new and something that is not considered old and staid. In fact, you may want to contemplate making a bold statement with your home. And if you want to know more about creating bold statements with your home, and then do read on.
- Patterns and Prints: You may want to start going for patterns and prints when it comes to interior decoration. Instead of opting for the usual wallpaper or beige paints, you can use a few bold patterns and prints in the room and live it up. That’s one way to go about creating a bold statement; you may want to ensure that your furniture’s upholstery matches with the print in some way or the other. Just search online for Home styling Brisbane and that should throw up more than a handful of websites that you can refer to for additional tips and suggestions.
- Texture: The other aspect, which not many take into account when decorating their home is the texture. Just remember that contrast is always good as far as interior decoration goes so if you have something soft and fluffy in the room, as an overstuffed cushion you may want to place something hard close by, such as a wooden table/ chair or even a metallic bowl. The point is that by utilizing texture, for your interior decoration, you should be able to make your room stand out for the right reasons. Or you could always search online for an interior stylist, Brisbane and consult with one of them for ideas, suggestions and even get them to handle it for you.
- Metallic: This is yet another way that you can make a bold statement with your home; metallic furniture and metallic accessories happen to be trendy at the moment. So you may want to integrate a few metallic pieces of furniture to your room but make sure that they are functional and not merely decorative pieces.
- Minimalistic Look: You may also want to co-opt a minimalistic look as far as the interiors of your home go. The minimalistic look is currently trendy and adopting the same for your home should get you the designated attention that you need. A minimalistic look often draws the users’ eye to important features of the room and you can utilize this strategically and make more impact with your decorated room than otherwise possible.
- Gallery Wall: If you love art pieces or prints of some famous paintings, then you may want to go in for a gallery wall. You can set aside a certain corner of your room for a gallery to display your art deco pieces as well as paintings to perfection. You can also use cleverly designed lighting effects so that it subtly lights up the items in question. You can also use the gallery wall to display a few pictures of your loved ones as well.
- Vintage Furniture: There’s nothing that is as bold as snagging some cool vintage furniture for your room. Yes, vintage furniture can cost some money but if you have the budget for the same, then you should definitely go for it. You may also want to make sure that the pieces you select for the room is in tandem with the rest of your interior and is able to bring its own appeal to the room, as a whole.
These are some of the ways by which you can make a bold statement with your home. Keep in mind that there are various other things that you can do when it comes to making bold statements but these happen to be the top choices. And by acting on the suggestions posted above, you should be able to achieve that ‘bold look’ with ease.