Increasing noise and commotion is an open threat to hospitals nowadays! The boards and hoardings clearly stating,” Silence Please” are either ignored deliberately or not noticed at all. There is always this chit chat session going on somewhere in the hospital; and along with this, the heavy footsteps, the continuous rings of mobile, some patients’ families losing their patience or even alarm bells are making it very hard for the hospital staff to maintain silence in the place.
We all know how important peace and silence is for any patient. The more they relax in a quiet ambience, the better are their chances to heal faster. But no matter how much you try to silence the other patients or staff or family members of the patients present there, the noise never subsides, and ill patients in the hospital are largely disturbed by this. Even the surgeons or doctors performing surgery or going through a routine checkup find it difficult to concentrate because of the noise. The hundreds of measures taken to maintain silence here are almost void!
Best Measures that’Ll Help You in the Reduction of Sound Problems in the Hospital!
In order to attain complete silence in the hospital area, you need to invest in some good machinery for noise control, try some new measures to improve the ambience of the place, and also keep your staff and visitors under observation along with the patients. This is comprehensively described in the list coming below. Read about how you can create a peaceful ambience in your hospital, which will prove best for your patients:
1. Designing or Remodelling According to the Need — A hospital should be designed in such a way that walking on the lobby or climbing or going down the stairs shouldn’t create much noise. If the floor is already made with a hard surface that can bounce the noise and create a large tapping sound, it is better to cover it with carpets or sound mufflers. This diminishes the footstep sound, and thus the hospital area remains silent and undisturbed. Also, the doors should be made in such a manner that they close slowly creating little or no sound while doing so! Even tables and chairs can have a felt layer under their feet to prevent the noise occurring when you move them.
2. Getting the Latest Noise Integrating Monitoring Solution — Hospitals should concentrate without fail to hire noise monitoring equipment from Belcur Monitoring Solutions. They have got them in different varieties and types just perfect according to your need. Otherwise, It’s expensive, time-consuming, and also inconvenient to try to make separate systems for noise management in the hospital building. The ideal solution here is to simply install the same in the hospital infrastructure just as you install a centralised CCTV system. This addition will turn your infrastructure more comprehensive, and wouldn’t be prone to constant resetting done by staff and other people.
3. Sound Mapping in the Hospital— Another best way to control the high sound level in the hospital building is to map the sound in the building. Instant step in reducing noise basically requires knowing exactly from where that noise is coming. It would be wastage of time and energy to work to implement noise-reducing steps in the areas that are already quiet. With a sound map, the hospital staff knows where they exactly should focus to ensure peace and quietness.
4. Changing the Staff Workflow —Human traffic is the biggest creator of sound in any place. Not just the visitors, but the staff also unintentionally lead to creating quite a hassle in the hospital, which shouldn’t happen at all! The only alteration here is to change the staff workflow in such a way that they get minimum time to interact during work hours, and their shifts have to be managed very precisely to avoid any kind of commotion during the overlapping period.
5. Reducing and Managing the Medical Alarm — Medical alarms are of extensive use in the hospitals. But they create a lot of noise no doubt! This issue should be addressed wisely when trying to reduce noise in the hospital. You can control the frequency of usage of the same — like use it only during extreme emergencies, or simply lower the volume of the same, etc.
6. Educate about the Need of Silence — Even after so many measures, getting a medical centre that hosts hundreds of people at the same time, to remain quiet isn’t easy! People tend to forget the disciplines of visiting a hospital after every second visit. Therefore, a constant effort towards it is necessary. You can keep informing the same to your staff whenever there’s a staff meeting. For visitors, in addition to the boards, you can even switch on videos on the television screens on the floors advising them about the negative effects of loud sound in a hospital. Also, being a little stricter towards sound level needs to be implemented in order to maintain a quieter hospital! A hospital is a place to heal! A place where you can rest and move towards good health in a caring and soothing environment. Remember, loud noise can be a hindrance to this wellness quotient — control it before it creates more nuisances.